Desert Aircraft DA-50R
- Low weight and high power due to unbelievably compact crankcase.
- Aerobatic power curve.
- Fast throttle response.
- CNC milled, 7075 aluminum alloy crankcase.
- Long conrod with gudgeon pin located very near to piston crown to reduce side loads.
- Walbro Carburator
- Four petal reed valve
- Electronic ignition with auto advance and retard.
- DA engines are designed using the latest tools and techniques, including 3D CAD and Stereo Lithography.
The crankcase is unbelievably compact and very light, only possible due to the single counter balance weight on the crankshaft. Each crankcase is CNC machined from the solid, using aircraft alloy 7075-T6. In comparison to die casting, a very costly process in time and material. A system that moreover has the advantage of a perfect fit and an absolute correct alignment of the main bearings, plus extreme rigidity and strength. All very decisive requirements for an extremely high performance engine with very close tolerances throughout.
Due to it’s very neat and gleaming exterior it seems a pity to hide this engine under the cowl.
The long aluminium alloy conrod plus the gudgeon pin being mounted close to the piston crown allows the high torque to be transferred without undue sideloads. This all reduces friction and wear while ensuring maximum power.
The very low crankcase volume plus the intake reed valves is the reason for this engines high performance. The DA 50-R when fitted with a custom designed silencer system will produce power equivalent to any 60cc engine or even more.
The piston, conrod and crankshaft design were with a computer simulation programme perfectly balanced and harmonized to each other. In spite of only one crankshaft balance weight the vibration levels are extremely low. The engine mountings reach quite a way forward making this an ideal engine to fit our Hydro-Mount-System.
- Displacement: 50 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 42,6 x 35 mm
- Power: 3,73 kW (5 hp)
- Weight: 1330 g
- including Ignition: 1470 g
- RPM range: 1200 - 7500 1/min
- Max. RPM: 9500 1/min
- Menz 2-Blade: 22x10", 23x10", 24x8", 22x12"
- Super Silence Carbon 2-Blade: 24x10", 23x12"
- Super Silence 3-Blade: 21x12"