Desert Aircraft DA-150L
- 375 g lighter compared to the DA-150
- Thinner cooling fins for better cooling and weight reduction
- Even better throttle responce due to the reduced crankcase volume
- Aerobatic power curve
- Low vibration due to computer simulation aided design
- The cylinder, piston and crankshaft are developed by Desert Aircraft
- CNC milled, 7075 aluminum alloy crankcase.
- Long conrod with gudgeon pin set very near piston crown for reduced side load
- Three crank bearings, long spacing between front bearings
- Four petal reed valve, bottom induction
- Walbro Carburator
- Battery ignition with automatic advance and retard
- DA engines are designed using the latest tools and techniques,including 3D CAD and Stereo Lithography
The DA-150L is the consequential further development of the DA-150. Desert Aircraft succeeded to combine a good power to weight ratio, with the proverbial smooth running characteristic of the DA-150.
The cylinders of the DA-150L are costly finished by CNC machines. The especially thin fins are not only very light, they also improve the cooling capacity of the engine.
The piston, conrod and crankshaft are perfectly balanced and harmonized to each other with the help of a computer simulation program. The DA 150L has the lowest vibration level possible over the complete throttle range.
The long conrod with the gudgeon pin mounted very near the piston crown allows the high torque output to be transferred with the minimum of piston side force, thereby reducing drag and wear.
The DA 150L has a higher output than the special edition engines from other manufacturers. All, with no need for tuned pipes. Port timining and porting of the DA-150L are optimized for the use of expansion mufflers.
The most prominent feature, as with all DA-Engines, is the very long crankcase, this makes installation very easy. The front bearing is positioned right behind the propeller hub.
The reliable Desert Aircraft battery ignition makes starting very easy and ensures maximum power.
The DA-150L is the best choice for your aerobatic model of the 150-170cc class, especially when you don`t want to use tuned pipes.
- Displacement: 150 ccm
- Bore: 49 mm
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Weight: 3325 g
- including Ignition: 3470 g
- Output: 12.3 kW / 16.5 PS
- RPM Range: 1000 - 6500 1/min
- Max RPM: 8500 1/min
- Menz 2-Blade: 30x10", 30x12", 32x10", 32x12"
- Super Silence Carbon2-Blade: 30x14", 30x16", 31,5x14"
- Super Silence 3-Blade: 28x14" 29x12", 30x12"
- Fuel Consumption: 5.9 Liters/h @ 6000 1/min
- Fuel: 1:50