Desert Aircraft DA-120
- 175 g less weight than the DA-100.
- Aerobatic power curve.
- Most torque in its class.
- Crankcase CNC milled from 7075 aluminum alloy.
- Long conrod with gudgeon pin located very near to piston crown to reduce side loads.
- Three crank bearings, long spacing between front bearings.
- Low vibration.
- Walbro Carburator
- Four petal reed valve, bottom induction.
- Electronic ignition with auto advance and retard.
- DA engines are designed using the latest tools and techniques, including 3D CAD and Stereo Lithography.
The DA-120 is a computer designed high performance model aircraft engine. One is convinced at the first glance with the superb finishing. The cylinder, piston and crankshaft have been designed exclusively by Desert Aircraft and produced by specialist companies.
With the DA-120 it has been possible to develop an engine that has the power of a 150cc engine and the weight of a 100cc engine. In comparison to the DA-100 is the DA-120 175 g lighter. The lightweight cylinder of the DA-120 with the thin cooling fins and details such as the Titanium propeller shaft allows the low weight without compromising the structural integrity.
The reed valves developed by DA plus the Walbro carburettor are perfectly adapted to the engine giving an even running engine in all attitudes and throttle settings. An aluminium throttle arm is fitted to the carburettor throttle shaft.
As is with all DA engines the DA-120 has been factory test run, the carburettor needles adjusted. The world wide DA service and support is unique.
The DA-120 is the ideal power plant for your model in the 120-150 class.
- Displacement: 120 cc
- Weight: 2300 g
- including Ignition: 2445 g
- Length from engine mount to prop hub: 159 mm
- RPM-Range: 1000 - 6800 1/min
- 2-Blade: 28x12", 29x10"
- 3-Blade: 27x12"
- Fuel: 1:50